While you can often still change your plans on the go, it’s good to have some places and routes already in mind. Having the right mindset and preparation going in will also ensure you’ll get the most out of your adventure…
- Pre-Travel Checklist: 16 Things You Shouldn’t Forget START HERE
- How to Travel as Cheaply as Possible
- My Recommended Travel Tools & Resources
- How You Can Take The Leap & Travel Long Term
- 18 Amazingly Cheap Destinations You Should Travel To
Finding cheap flights
Forget about ‘travel hacking’: this almost always relies on spending loads of money using credit cards (lame). Instead, check out these more realistic methods for finding cheaper airfare.
- How to Become a Pro at Finding Amazingly Cheap Flights START HERE
- How to Snag the Ultimate Cheap Flights (Before Anyone Else Does)
- 3 Ways to Book RTW (Round-the-World) Flights
- Flying On One-Way Tickets: How to Avoid Problems
Finding places to stay
Travelling is as much about where you’re staying as where you’re going. Below you’ll find my tips on finding charming accommodation regardless of your budget.
- How to Find the Best Budget Hotels, Hostels & Airbnbs START HERE
- How Hostels Work: Everything You Need To Know
- 6 Things That Make A Hostel Awesome
Get my step-by-step guide
I wrote a book called Travel the World Without Worries which goes into far more depth than any blog post can. Readers have called it “extremely informative, funny and above all, inspiring”, and “the single most helpful resource for planning a trip” that “obliterates your fears and struggles and turns them into pure excitement”. Find Out More!
Take it from me, it’s worth getting travel insurance. Here’s why — and what to look for in your policy.
- Why It’s Wise to Get Travel Insurance ESSENTIAL POST
Comprehensive advice on budgeting and saving money can be found in my book. I also maintain several annually updated posts with travel costs for specific destinations.
- South-East Asia Cost of Travel
- Central America Cost of Travel
- South America Cost of Travel
- How Much Does It Cost to Travel For 1 Year?
The art of travel
- Anyone Can Go Backpacking… But Not Everyone Should
- Avoiding Travel FOMO: How to Forget Your Worries & Stay In The Zone
- Why You Shouldn’t Feel Bad About Skipping Famous Sights
- Will Re-visiting A Place Ruin Your Memories?
Packing & gear
You can find much more about this topic on my dedicated packing and travel gear page.