I love to improvise when I’m on the road. But when it comes to packing my gear, I know you get just one chance to get it right.
Even if your only aim is for the horizon, it always pays to pack properly before your trip begins.
How to pack
Packing can be a stressful experience. Sure, everyone tells you not to overpack, but you can still end up needlessly hoarding travel gadgets for every possible scenario or filling your bag with way more clothes than you’ll actually use.
Long packing lists can trick you into packing too much. Instead, I wrote several posts that will help you pack minimally and efficiently.
- Packing Like a Pro and Traveling Light—My Ultimate Guide ESSENTIAL POSTFilled with travel hacks and packing tips, this post will help you pack sensibly for any trip abroad.
- Why I Travel With A Smaller Bag
- Best Travel Backpacks – A Buyer’s Guide
My best travel advice
My posts here are just the tip of the iceberg. I wrote a book called Travel the World Without Worries which goes into far more depth than any blog post can — and it gets much more personal. Readers have called it “extremely informative, funny and above all, inspiring”, and “the single most helpful resource for planning a trip” that “obliterates your fears and struggles and turns them into pure excitement”. Buy the book today to get the most out of your next adventure! Find Out More.
Tech & travel gear guides
My guides help you find the right travel gear and prepare your digital devices for life on the road.
- Best Compact & Mirrorless Travel Cameras
- Best Lightweight Travel Laptops
- Using GoPro as a Travel Camera – My Tips & Review
- 10 Best GoPro Accessories for Travel
- Anti Theft Travel Gear: 5 Ways To Keep Your Valuables Secure
- VPNs for Travel: Why You Need It & How to Set it Up
- 15 Essential Travel Apps for Backpackers
I regularly test travel gear such as backpacks and portable devices. All my reviews are 100% independent and never sponsored. I’ve labeled some of my personal favorites below.
- Osprey Farpoint 55 Backpack RECOMMENDED
- Peak Design Everyday Backpack 20L RECOMMENDED
- eBags TLS Mother Lode Convertible Backpack
- Panasonic Lumix GX8 Camera RECOMMENDED
- Cabin Zero Classic 44L Carry-On (coming soon)
- Osprey Porter 46 Backpack (coming soon)