Indie Traveller is aimed at travellers looking for exciting experiences around the world on a regular person’s budget. My blog began as many do with a focus on backpacking and round-the-world travel, though this has gradually widened to include ecotourism, independent travel, adventure travel, and cultural travel.
In addition to covering destinations around the world I also regularly review travel gear and travel services here and on my growing YouTube channel.
You’ll find more info about my blog’s reach further down the page. I also have a Media Kit that I can send on request.
A quick guide to getting in touch
I get a lot of e-mail every day, so here are some pointers to help both of us out:
You want a quote or article contribution
Great, I love to do these! I’m happy to respond to media requests—I’ve been previously featured on Huffington Post and Bloomberg News, among others. I’m also happy to contribute to content marketing pieces in exchange for a backlink to my site. I usually share or link to these articles in return. Feel free to get in touch.
You want me to review your travel gear
I regularly review items like backpacks and portable electronics here and on my YouTube channel. If you have a sample of a cool travel product for me to review, then I’d love to know!
You want to promote a destination
Cool! I occasionally work with tourism boards and other parties to inform my readers of interesting places to travel.
I’m aware that destination marketers often place incredible importance on social media, but I don’t buy fake followers and engagement. Please keep this in mind.
I’m a professional writer and like to cover places and experiences in ways that generate value for many years to come.
Some previous partners:
You have a new travel planning app or social platform
I can’t help you, sorry.
I get e-mails about startups in this space every week, and they’re never more specific than wanting to “work together” in some mysterious way. And no, I don’t want to do the dirty work of filling your platform with content without getting paid anything for it… please be reasonable.
(If this sounds harsh then you’ve not seen my inbox… I’m very sorry, but I have to be this blunt.)
You want to send me 5 automated reminders
Go away. This practice needs to stop. You’re not respectful to my inbox. One friendly follow-up is more than enough.
You want to send me an infographic
I have a gmail filter set to delete any infographics. I know literally zero travel blogs that post infographics.
You see a genuine way for us to work together
Then I’d love to hear from you! And if your communication is to the point and respectful I will think very highly of you and your company. Thank you. 🙌 👊
Examples of past collaborations
- The Azores: Europe’s Undiscovered Adventure Islands – trip arranged by the Azores Tourism Board
- Ice Caves Tours In Iceland – Sponsored Post with Guide To Iceland
- Shark Cage Diving (Without A Cage) at Protea Banks – experience courtesy of Protea Shark Divers
- Diving The Beautiful Reefs Around Koh Lanta – Based on a complimentary experience
- Staying In Bangkok’s Hip Ari Neighbourhood – Based on a complimentary stay
- More to come!
Appearances around the web
- The Art of the Holiday Selfie: Tips From the Experts – Holidaylettings.co.uk
- GoPro’s Achilles Heel: Video Editing Software Isn’t Apple-Easy – Bloomberg News
- Ultimate Travel Destinations: Top Picks from Travel Bloggers – Amara.com
- The pitfalls of unattended luggage – Compare The Market
- 15 Travel Bloggers You Need On Your Radar Immediately – Travel Pulse
- Travel photography to inspire your next journey – Columbus Direct
- An Interview with Marek: the Indie Traveller – Budget Your Trip
- Best cheap destinations in the world according to 23 expert travel bloggers – Priceoftravel.com
- Foreign bloggers share their budget travel tips – Moneymax
- 10 Facts about Vietnam’s landscapes – Wendy Wu Tours
- How to Take the Best Wildlife Photos – Wendy Wu Tours
- The ultimate Lisbon bucket list – ROL Cruise
- Best free things to do in Stockholm – Cruise & Maritime Voyages
- Most Beautiful Places To Get Scuba Certified In Thailand – Tourradar