Indie Traveller is aimed at travelers looking for exciting experiences around the world on a regular person’s budget. My blog began (as many do) with a focus on backpacking and round-the-world travel, though this has gradually widened to include ecotourism, independent travel, adventure travel, and cultural travel.
In addition to covering destinations around the world, I also regularly review travel gear here and on my growing YouTube channel.
My blog gets around 150,000 unique visitors a month on average.
A quick guide to getting in touch
Since I’m just a one-man-band, I can maybe be a little blunt about this:
- I don’t do sponsored or guest posts. I also don’t add links to my resources page, and I don’t share infographics or guides. I know SEO is extremely difficult, but unfortunately I cannot help. Sorry!
- I don’t do press trips. (Nothing wrong with them usually, but I just don’t do ’em).
- I cannot offer banner advertising. (I already have an exclusive contract with the wonderful folks at Mediavine.)
- I don’t like it when you send me tons of automated reminders. This practice really seriously needs to stop.
What I can help you with
You’d like me to review your travel gear
I regularly review travel-related products like backpacks, duffel bags, and portable electronics here and on my YouTube channel. If you’re a luggage manufacturer, there may be some ways we can work together. I’ve just set up a studio so I can film more video reviews, and I’m stoked about reviewing more travel gear!
You’re looking for a quote or article contribution
Awesome, I love to do these! I always try to give you a high-quality contribution that’s interesting and well-written.
I’m always happy to respond to media requests—I’ve been previously featured with quotes on Huffington Post and Bloomberg News, among others. If you’d like expert insight into anything related to travel, I can help you out.
I’m also happy to contribute to collaborative posts or to do an interview. I have plenty of fun insights to share and I take these contributions seriously. Feel free to get in touch!
Other than that…
Sadly, 99% of biz dev emails I get are spammy/untargeted/etc. and only serve to remind me of the corporate world I left behind. Hence this slightly unorthodox work-with-me page.
Maybe we’ll meet around a beach bonfire one day, and then we’ll hatch an amazing business partnership in person. 🙂
Appearances around the web
- The Art of the Holiday Selfie: Tips From the Experts – Holidaylettings.co.uk
- GoPro’s Achilles Heel: Video Editing Software Isn’t Apple-Easy – Bloomberg News
- Ultimate Travel Destinations: Top Picks from Travel Bloggers – Amara.com
- The pitfalls of unattended luggage – Compare The Market
- 15 Travel Bloggers You Need On Your Radar Immediately – Travel Pulse
- Travel photography to inspire your next journey – Columbus Direct
- An Interview with Marek: the Indie Traveller – Budget Your Trip
- Best cheap destinations in the world according to 23 expert travel bloggers – Priceoftravel.com
- Foreign bloggers share their budget travel tips – Moneymax
- 10 Facts about Vietnam’s landscapes – Wendy Wu Tours
- How to Take the Best Wildlife Photos – Wendy Wu Tours
- The ultimate Lisbon bucket list – ROL Cruise
- Best free things to do in Stockholm – Cruise & Maritime Voyages
- Most Beautiful Places To Get Scuba Certified In Thailand – Tourradar