Indie Traveller is aimed at travellers looking for exciting experiences around the world on a regular person’s budget.
While my blog began (as many do) with a focus on backpacking, this has gradually widened to include ecotourism, independent travel, adventure travel, and cultural travel mainly for the 20 to 40 demographic.
I’m interested in working with brands and destination marketers looking for high-quality coverage. I believe in true two-way partnerships, designed to give you valuable authentic exposure while giving my readers relevant and exciting content.
I have recently (March 2017) begun including press trips, starting with a one-week custom tailored trip to the Azores in collaboration with the Azores Tourism Board. This trip led to four in-depth articles, e-mail and social media exposure to over 15,000 followers, and permanent inclusion of the Azores in my library of destination guides.
Looking to boost awareness of your brand or destination? Inquire for more details.
As a long-time traveller and travel expert, I’m always happy to respond to media requests or participate in a content piece in exchange for a backlink. I’ve been quoted previously on Huffington Post, Bloomberg News, and many others. Feel free to get in touch using the form below.
I’m available for freelance writing assignments for your brand, magazine, or website. I have a prior background in journalism and am comfortable with a range of writing styles.
On Indie Traveller I mostly produce travel guide-style pieces, but I also have many examples of more narrative work. Take a look at my posts about South Africa’s Wild Coast, the island of Pico on the Azores, this trekking trip in Colombia, to name a few.
Examples of past collaborations
- The Azores: Europe’s Undiscovered Adventure Islands – trip arranged by the Azores Tourism Board
- Ice Caves Tours In Iceland – Sponsored Post with Guide To Iceland
- Shark Cage Diving (Without A Cage) at Protea Banks – experience courtesy of Protea Shark Divers
- Diving The Beautiful Reefs Around Koh Lanta – Based on a complimentary experience
- Staying In Bangkok’s Hip Ari Neighbourhood – Based on a complimentary stay
- How To Get Work While Travelling – Collaboration with WorkingTraveller.com
- More to come!
Appearances around the web
- The Art of the Holiday Selfie: Tips From the Experts – Holidaylettings.co.uk
- GoPro’s Achilles Heel: Video Editing Software Isn’t Apple-Easy – Bloomberg News
- Ultimate Travel Destinations: Top Picks from Travel Bloggers – Amara.com
- The pitfalls of unattended luggage – Compare The Market
- 15 Travel Bloggers You Need On Your Radar Immediately – Travel Pulse
- Travel photography to inspire your next journey – Columbus Direct
- An Interview with Marek: the Indie Traveller – Budget Your Trip
- Best cheap destinations in the world according to 23 expert travel bloggers – Priceoftravel.com
- Foreign bloggers share their budget travel tips – Moneymax
- 10 Facts about Vietnam’s landscapes – Wendy Wu Tours